The joy of imported cars
Here at Diablo Auto Specialists we love foreign made and imported cars, it is our foundation and we are proud to offer the best service of foreign made and imported cars in the Walnut Creek, CA area.
Until recently, owning a foreign car in the US was met with derision. However, in recent years foreign made cars have steadily climbed the rankings to stake their claim to the upper echelons of the American automotive market.
Through better design, higher safety standards, greater fuel efficiency, and a desire for more affordable cars, manufacturers like Toyota and Subaru (among others) have become some of the country’s best selling vehicle brands. That is not to say that there is anything wrong with domestic cars, they have their own strong points and are still incredibly popular for good reason.
One of the largest changes to have affected the American automotive market is the increased focus on fuel efficiency. Both the Obama and Trump administrations have reviewed the issue of the poor fuel efficiency of American made vehicles, however, car manufacturers agreed in 2012 that they would have implemented higher standards in time for the release of the 2022 line of vehicles.
Fuel efficiency is not the only reason foreign made cars have rocketed to the top of consumer satisfaction rankings and the car market. Here’s why we love imported cars:
- Quality. Foreign made cars, especially those from Europe, are well-known for their high standards when it comes to workmanship. This quality shows when your car approaches, and surpasses, 100,000 miles and still runs well;
- Price. When looking at the price of a vehicle it is also important to take future costs into consideration. Foreign made cars may be a little more expensive at the point of purchase but are less likely to incur long term expenses, as opposed to domestic cars which are generally cheaper at the point of purchase but need more maintenance further down the line;
- Efficiency. We touched on this earlier, foreign made cars are ahead of the curve when it comes to fuel efficiency and emissions due to stricter standards. Domestic vehicle manufacturers have made great progress in this area but are still lacking when compared to their foreign counterparts;
- Reliability. Foreign made cars, those from Asian manufacturers in particular, are generally more reliable over the long term than domestic vehicles;
- Resale. Imported and foreign cars will usually either retain their value or will increase in value over time. This is especially true if the vehicle has an in depth service history and if it is a rare import.
For the best service for imported cars in the Walnut Creek area look no further than Diablo Auto Specialists. Give us a call on (925) 932-601, visit us at 1413 Carlback Ave, Walnut Creek, CA, 94596, or schedule an appointment online. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff are always happy to help and answer any questions you have.